1. Is the video doorbell powered by battery?
Yes, there is a rechargeable big Li-ion battery pack built-in. Thanks to the low power consumption technology, a full charge lasts for more than 3 months in our lab test environment.(20 events per day, 15 seconds video recording per event)
2. How to connect the hardwired to the doorbell? Does the cable order matter?
Your doorbell works with both DC 12V and AC 12V - 24V hardwire power source. There are 2 hardwired terminal screws on the bracket, and you can connect each wire to each power terminal screw. The cable order doesn’t matter.
3. I found a Micro USB port on the left side, what’s it for?
Yes, this is the power charging port. You may need to charge your doorbell once in a while.
4. What’s the Wi-Fi range of the video doorbell?
The video doorbell works with any 2.4GHz wireless Wi-Fi router, mesh system or modems. In outfield test, it works well in most 3000sqft houses. The Wi-Fi range may vary because of different WiFi transmit power, transmission distance and wall blocks in between.
5. I installed my video doorbell, but the video or audio quality is poor, why?
In live view interface, WiFi status will be listed. It is suggested to ensure the Wi-Fi status be more than 70%, so as to get your doorbell work as expected. If you think your problem is caused by low Wi-Fi signal strength, try moving your Wi-Fi router closer, or add one Wi-Fi Booster to extend your Wi-Fi range.
6. Does the video doorbell work with existing indoor mechanical chime?
No. The doorbell comes with an battery powered wireless chime to notify people when your visitor presses the doorbell button. If you have an existing indoor chime, please use the provided jumper to bypass the existing chime, so as to provide sufficient power to the new video doorbell. And our wireless chime is 100% wireless, you can place it almost everywhere you like. The transmission distance in open space is more than 100 meters (328 feet).
7. How many wireless chimes can be paired with one video doorbell?
You can add as many wireless chimes as your wish on one video doorbell.
8. Does motion detection sensitivity settable?
Yes it does. There are 5 level of sensitivity status optional in doorbell settings.
9. How does the video doorbell detect the motions? Can motion detection be disabled?
The doorbell camera detects motion through the latest PIR motion sensor, it will further undergo a human-shape detection to reduce false alarm rate. You can adjust the motion detection sensitivity, schedule alarm intervals and disable motion detection accordingly due to various user scenarios.
10. I installed a 16GB memory card, how many days of event recordings does it keep?
The video bit rate is around 100KB/s. If you have 10 event recordings per day, and each of the video clips lasts for 20 seconds, a 16GB memory card is capable of keeping 24-Month’s video recordings.
11. Does the doorbell support cloud storage?
Your doorbell supports local video storage by Micro SD card as well as cloud storage. You can activate the cloud storage service in the App. There is a 7-day free cloud recording trial service.